A new slant on the equestrian holiday, aimed at people who want to take their riding to a different level.
We offer intensive instruction aimed at giving you the confidence to tackle –
and really enjoy – competition-level riding.
The opportunity to compete under real conditions,
at genuine competition venues,
on experienced horses,
against fellow competitive riders.
Weekend or mid-week breaks
We offer 2 or 3 days of intensive coaching, culminating in an escorted trip to an open competition where you will enter 1 or 2 classes suited to your ability and compete with the full support of our team.
We can’t guarantee you a rosette, but we’re pretty sure you’ll leave having enjoyed yourself and have learned a lot be 10-feet tall and smile for a week.
· Show jumping
· pleasure rides as an introduction to endurance
If you’re interested in a discipline not listed here, please ask us anyway. Even if we can’t help you personally, we can probably point you in the right direction. See dates available
For best results, we prefer to limit the group size to a maximum of 2 riders of similar ability. However, small groups can be accommodated on request.
What you need
· Basic riding ability. Please note, these courses are not suitable for absolute novices.
· Basic riding kit for instruction days (jodhpurs, riding boots, warm jacket for yard work, hat conforming to current BSI safety standards, body protectors if possible)
· Show kit (beige/cream jodhpurs, long riding boots for adults, ankle boots for children up to 12 years, white shirt and plain tie, riding jacket, gloves, over-trousers for competition day, plus hair net for women with long hair. (and men)
The competitions we enter are all unaffiliated, so you do not need to be a member of any governing body. However, we do recommend BHS membership and that you are insured.
Some disciplines/events require booking and competition entry fees to be paid well in advance, but as a rule, show jumping and cross-country competitions are easy to book at short notice.
What we can provide
· A choice of horses experienced in your chosen discipline.*
· All tack.
· Detailed instruction by qualified instructors.
· Transport to and from the competition venue.
· Instruction and moral support at the competition
· Bed & breakfast accommodation at a local inn.
* Or you can bring your own horse and tack.
£ 150 per day, plus competition entry fees (usually around £5-£20 per class).
A deposit of £50** (plus entry fees if necessary) is payable when you send in your completed booking form, with the balance payable 2 weeks before your arrival.
** Fully refundable up to 2 weeks before your arrival.
For more information and a booking form, please contact us.